Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Are you a "SYMPRA" ?


It was just another ordinary day at college,where you'd find IC (or Stuart Little) and me standing in the corridor and checking out our DUMB coll guys (well.. there was nothing like checking out the guys coz they were really DUMB ... but I just felt like writing ;) )


Yeah.. so we were kinda getting bored and then suddenly I had this wicked grin on my face,IC knew there was something going on in my mind.The next few mins were spent in planning the conspiracy but the problem we were facing was - who would be the "BAKRA" ??


All decided, we walked into the classroom and Aha ... there she is , our very own sweet and adorable Vids ( who by the way was busy copying an already copied assignment ). So, with the most innocent expressions on our faces we sat on either side of her and the following conversation took place -


ME : Vids .. busy ?? We need to tell you something.

VIDS : (without lifting her her.. still copying ) Yeah .. keep talking ..

IC : Vids , we heard these CSE guys .. well.. we don't really know them .. but we heard them say u know ... Megs .. tu continue yaar.. I really cant tell her ....

ME : Er... Me ??? No .. Tu bol.. Its not really good ...


[ Finally , this distracts Vids from the assignment and she looks up]

VIDS : Girls , what is it that you are trying to say ?

ME : We heard these guys say something they shouldn't have said . Its not good , you see . I wonder what made them say so . I am sorry dear .

IC : Yeah .. N I wish I knew those guys .. couldn't even see their faces ( with a disappointed look on her face ) .

[By now.. Vids seems a lil worried and confused ]

VIDS : Would just come to the point and tell me straight away what those guys said ?

ME : ( With the most innocent expression ) they called you a "SYMPRA".

VIDS : A what ??

IC : Yeah .. A SYMPRA ...

VIDS : [who was all the more confused now.. ] Whats a SYMPRA ?

IC : Er... SYMPRA ?? You don't know what a SYMPRA means ?

ME : Seriously ??

VIDS : Yeah .. Tats not even a word ..

IC : ( with a sorry face ) No yaar ... It is .. Now how do we tell you what it means.. I cant.. I really cant . All we can tell you is its really bad ...

ME : Hmm.. IC's right .


[This discussion went on for another 2 mins , until she turned to YEDA and asked him ..]

VIDS : oye , what does a SYMPRA mean ?


Well .. he too had no clue what sympra really meant .. And soon, the "SYMPRA" issue spread faster than fire and by evening the whole class was trying to find out what it meant.

The next day , (with help from Google as well as Oxford dictionary )since everybody had conceded defeat in tracing out the meaning of the word (which we were so confidant about ) , our hard work ( yes.. I call it hard work , coz it was really difficult to control ourselves) was rewarded as YEDA presented us with TEMPTATIONS.


YEDA : Yeah . So whats SYMPRA ?

VIDS : Haan re.. I am really worried now.. I've tried tracking down the guys too ( which by the way we had provided her with false descriptions ) but was unable to ...

What is it girls ???


IC and ME : Well.. Its actually NOTHING .. and like you said .. its not even a word until now ...
It was just another word ( which of course is the innovation of MEGs ) we wanted to fool you with .. but dint know we'd end up fooling majority of the class ... :)


Trust me .. we really had to do odd things for the rest of the day to save ourselves from their wrath ... But I would never forget this incident - It was our way of celebrating "All Fools Day" ( April 1st ).


That was then .. and now after 5 years since then another April 1st went by ,but this time it was just another ordinary day at work .


I miss college days . I miss the pranks we played in college . I miss my friends.


N e ways .. here s wishing all the "SYMPRA"s --- "Happy April Fools Day" !!!


Note : For who don't know.. I have this weird habit of innovating new words which of course have no meaning in particular - but would eventually be used by all as a regular expression :) )

Also , my vocabulary of such words is really huge !!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey meghaaaaaaaa.................ththz really funny...i mean the sympra thing.........it took be bak too the gud ol days..........hummmm miss u guys..........take care

Veit said...

Everything is wrong!! Of course, SYMPRA really exists. We are one of Germany's leading Public Relations agency and SYMPRA means (in German) Gesellschaft für systemtische und marktorientierte PR-Arbeit. Want to know more about the real SYMPRA? Visit our website www.sympra.com. :-)

Best,
Veit, CEO of Sympra GmbH

Megha said...

@ VEIT ,

I am really sorry ,I have just written an incident which happend in my college days.Did not mean any harm to you or your agency .

What we looked for then was there is no word as SYMPRA in English( dit knnw it existed in German).

Again , I m sorry . :)

Smart said...

haha.....whoz sympra now??...;)
better innovate new words after consulting veit fron this time!