Friday, May 23, 2008

Memories Revisited (part 2)

Saturday. 26th April.


We had plans of starting early that day with the intention of spending the entire day in the cool waters of Sangam , but fate had some other plans for us . Due to the amazing navigation skills of Siri and Feroz and lil sense of direction of Madhu (well, I cant really blame the poor guy – he dint have much clue abt the city) there was a nice mix-up and poor Madhu even after coming to Blore early in the morning could make it to the guy’s “adda” only at 10.

Packed into a Qualis. Ten of us.We hit Kanakpura Road at about 12 in the afternoon. It was very hot and it looked like the “suraj bhagwaan” was in his full form.But ,we were lucky that he changed his minds!
As we made our way towards Sangama (confluence point of the Cauvery and Arkavathi) about 100 kms from Bangalore, we were treated to some lovely weather. The sun played hide and seek for some time. There’s beautiful scenery on both sides of the road(except that the road was not that good).
[ @ Sangam - the guys having fun ]
Unfortunately, it is littered with plastic and is quite dirty. The journey in this case is actually much more beautiful than the destination.

Now since we started late , by the time we reached we were all very hungry – and guess what aaj ka khana ladkon ne banaya tha :) Yummy food the guys made – totally loved it !!
[ @ Sangam again - few more shots ]

After lunch, we got into the Cauvery river (couldn’t help noticing that even near the water, it was all dirty). People obviously have a good time here and don’t bother to clean up after they leave. Even campaigns like this have not helped increase people’s awareness towards the environment(although I made sure that my gang dint litter around - they knew I would turn wild if I’d see them litter the place.)

Our actual plan was to visit Mekedatu (Goat’s leap) which is 4 kms walk from Sangam. Due to the intense heat of Sun god, we decided to spend most of our time at Sangam itself. Though the water level was only up to waist (except few places where it was chest deep) level, it was flowing with good speed. We needed to be little careful to make sure that we don’t slip off the stones and hurt ourself.We sat in that pool of water for a couple of hours singing, shouting, playing, just staying quite ......and it really was a great experience.

Infact we also ended up playing cricket and I must say we girls were so much better than the guys !! (We never gave them a chance to bowl or bat – they were meant only for fielding … hehehe )[Unfortunately we forgot to take the pics then :(]

And since everyone (excluding me ofcourse) in the group were lazy to trek – we took the bus uphill .Well, this journey in the bus was no less than trekking – imagine an old wrek carrying about 60 odd ppl with no place to stand and the route being really horrible .Personally I would have preferred the climb but these lazy bones!!!!

Snaps in order : Snap 1,2,3,4 - Mekadattu
Snap 5 : Satish and Kondal striking a pose :P
Snap 6 : Our Gang @ mekadattu

The final destination was good – although it exactly was not a place for us to camp ( it had loads of monkeys). I was busy admiring the place when suddenly I felt someone jump behind me .I turned only to find 2 monkeys staring at me.It nearly took me by surprise – I was at the edge of the cliff and you had this water flowing below with lots of force and I must confess I had no clue what I would do if it had come n e more near me..

And all it cared for was a last saved biscuit packet!!

Horrid monkey!!

Well , with the monkey adventure behind us – we left Mekadattu and left for Chinchu falls (it was getting dark by then).We were a bit sceptical abt the presence of water there. When we reached the place, we couldn’t find any water in the vicinity. But there were these couples who were enjoying themselves there . For couples it doesnt matter whether water exists or not , for them each other exist and thats enough ;)

We walked back towards our Qualis and it was like a huge trek back to the place.

Though all of us were a little tired, we still had that last dreg of enthusiasm left and soon got down at this place on the way back which seemed like brick kilns in the middle of the fields and took a couple of snaps !!



[snap 1 : On the roads !!! Snap 2 : Teddy n me @ war !! snap 3 : My deepest desire , killing feroz ..:P ]
On the way back to Bangalore we had a great ride , especially at the time of sun set . I was just watching sun going down and the different colours in the sky. It was a great sight to see blue sky as background over the green fields and watching the white birds flying against the orange sun. It was just tooooooo good.

Hoping to have many many more such trips with my gang(seems to be sort of impossible since most of us are inline to get married soon :()

Three cheers Satish,Feroz and the gang ...... But for u guys i wud have missed so much in life.....


[ some more pics ............. ]

PS : You must be wondering if I did any shopping , well Blore visit w/o shopping I s incomplete so don’t worry I would never do such a blunder . I did end doing lots of shopping there (if I would have returned empty handed my office frnds Sandhya and Padmini would have slaughtered me and I had no intentions of dying without getting married!!!)

No comments: