Monday, December 17, 2007

Saanthwana: My first visit to an Orphanage.

Few captured moments at Bal Nikethan:







Over the last one year, I had been in touch with my friends here at Hyd and was amazed to know from them about their initiative towards homeless and unwanted kids and elderly.
I m proud to say that I had been associated with a group of people who were keen about doing something for the country. Only thing tat was troubling me was that I couldn't do anything productive to help them in their cause.

But now that I am back home, I knew my chance of doing my bit for my country (even though very small proportion) was here. I then attended the first meeting of SAANTHWANA on the 2nd of December 2007 at OU college steps and from here my journey towards becoming a true individual began.

Since the group had many known faces it was not difficult for me to gel with them, but at the same time I was introduced to many more individuals who were equally interested on making a difference.

My first official visit to an orphanage was on the 15th of December, 2007 to Bala Nikethan at Uppal . After a tiring journey from Hitech city (frm my office) to Uppal , I reached the Orphanage and those smiling faces made me feel so happy that the journey dint matter at all.
The love and reciprocation I received from them was amazing. Even though it was my first visit to the orphanage, I felt I had been visiting for sometime now and enjoyed every moment I spent with them. The way the kids mingled with me and played games, clicked photographs is way beyond what I had imagined.

The children were happier than one could possibly imagine. It was chaos of happiness.
Seeing this was just one of those moments that I cannot describe. It was one of those moments that reminds you of the power of the human spirit, and the hope that these children must live with everyday. I think that if they didn't have hope for a better future then it would be hard to survive there.

We all are so lost in the fancy world during which we hardly seem to notice other things. We all have luxuries yet we always carve for more. When we see these children in orphanages we notice how lucky we really are.

The purpose of me writing this blog is plain and simple - be a part of this noble cause and do your bit for your society and country on the whole and experience the happiness.

6 comments:

Thirumoorthi Chidambaram said...

I’m really happy for you guys Meg. When I read your blog, I can clearly see the happiness that brought in you. Visiting to an orphanage and doing something for them is not come to everybody’s mind so easily. That feeling is so much satisfying to one’s self. You should feel it. Watch their eyes before you give them just a chocolate, you can see the priceless smile, that moment you never ever buy from the money. This is not just a humanitarian work. You’ve the heart Meg, do something meaningful, not for the others or the society, just for yourself!
Privileged people like you came out from the closed your software walls, turned around by seeing the needs of these underprivileged kids and wanting to serve them is just incredible Meg. Hats off to you!

Rohit Bedida said...

*Pats on the back*

Megha said...

@ thiru

Thank u very much .. Would def put in more efforts in the noble cause.

Avinash Sharma said...

i am impressed...this time not 4 what u have written but 4 what u have done ....

beautiful initiative by beautiful people i must say ...more then helping our country it helps our selfs to improve as an individual doing a small bit, we should 4 society ...gud work, keep it going .. :)

pratiksha reddy said...

Hey Megha!Am trying to get the address of the Orphanage....Could you please help me..I was there a few months before I left India but ..Now when am tryin to find an address or phone number seems quite difficult...Please email me any information my email address is pratikshareddy@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hi Megha,

I am trying to get the address of the orphanage Bal Niketan at Uppal.I would like to visit it.Please email me the address to venkat_as09@yahoo.com