Friday, January 4, 2008

The Perfect Evening



An evening to remember, an evening to recollect
An evening that seemed just so perfect.
I wish that the time would remain still –
I wish I could see you more – to my hearts fill.

The balloons, the candles
And a table set for two,
Romance filled the air around us
And sweetheart, it was meant just for you.

Those eyes filled with love,
Gazing at me through the candle’s flame
Made me blush scarlet pink,
I’ve captured that moment in a picture frame.

Hand in hand, we sat for hours
Without speaking a word,
And yet this was the best talk I ever had,
Where unspoken words too were heard.

You kept looking into my eyes,
But it felt you were looking into my heart,
We made promises to each other
And without you – my world would fall apart.

Just when you thought
The evening was done
My special plans for you
Had just begun

Beneath the sky with stars shining bright
I knew this was the moment - it had to be tonight.
Expressing my feelings and my love for you
I knelt before you and proposed to you.

At the touch of your hand
My heart skipped a beat,
I remember melting in your arms
You swept me off my feet.

There was something magical about that night,
There s nowhere else I’d want to be.
We are meant to be with each other,
And even the Gods would have to agree.
- Megha.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Megha, I can`t help but appreciate your ability to paint such a lovely picture with words..Its so refreshing and romantic. Almost makes me want to go on such a date immediately!! You may "officially" count me in list of your fans now. :-)

chicha said...

hey thats an awesome poem.. nice work..very romantic.. you penned it so well that anyone reading can absolutely get the picture of how to spend a perfect evening..keep it up yaar !!!

chicha said...

especially the proposal at the end was stunning..

Avinash Sharma said...

Straight from heart this time haan.. once again the poet in u does wonders

beautiful and very romantic indeed...well i am trying to be careful writing a comment this time around..but i must say "perfect dating blog" 4 ppl in need of info on how to plan a perfect date...

Megha said...

@ all : thanx a lot !!!!

More to be posted wen i feel like penning again :P

Keep waiting till then :)

Unknown said...

How romantic.. almost tears in my eyes everytime I read dis.. soo lovelyy :-)